I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy. I have also learned that most of the time I do not need half of what I think I do. Therefore, I have learned to depend on God to make me happy and to meet my needs. When a need arises in my life, I have learned to TRUST GOD to supply according to HIS riches. God has never let me down! The Psalmist wrote, “Happy is that people, whose God is the LORD” (Psalm 144:15). This is the SECRET to Happiness.
You might say, That is too simple! Well, take a moment and reflect over your own life. Possibly you once thought that a bigger house would make you happy, but it did not. Maybe you thought a better paying job would make you happy, but it did not. When did you really realize your greatest happiness? Was it when you were sitting on the floor with your grandchildren, playing games with your children, eating your favorite food, or reading a story? Those are all simple gifts from God.
Friend, you cannot depend on physical things (including money and people) to make you happy. Only God in His infinite wisdom can do that. God will take care of you. You simply must TRUST HIM. You must believe and really TRUST God! As you trust God for happiness in your life, please consider the following five suggestions:
(1) Make up your mind to be happy (cf. Prov. 17:22).
(2) Locate life’s center [Jesus Christ and Him crucified| (Col. 1:17-18; Gal. 2:20; John 14:6).
(3) Define life’s purpose (Ecc. 12:13-14; Isa. 43:7).
(4) Make the most of your time and blessings (Phil. 4:11-13; James 4:13-15).
(5) Do something for someone else (Acts 20:35; Eph. 2:10). Proverbs 3:5-6